Monday, April 15, 2019

Practice Exercises 1: Questions

This practice exercises is to test the knowledge after the previous lessons on (1) The Eight Parts of Speech, (2) Gerunds and Infinitives, (3) Tenses.


Q1. Choose the correct form of VERB from the bracket:
  1. The earth __________ around the sun. (move, moves, moved)
  2. My friends __________ the film yesterday. (see, saw, have seen)
  3. It started to rain while we __________ tennis. (are playing, had played, were playing)
  4. I __________ English for the past five years. (have been studying, study, am studying)
  5. The train __________ before we reach the station. (arrives, will have arrived, had arrived)
  6. Don't disturb me. I __________ my work. (do, did, am doing)
  7. Fortune __________ the brave. (is favouring, will favour, favours)
  8. I __________ the letter before you arrived. (had written, wrote, will write)
  9. He __________ us next week. (will have met, will have been meeting, will be meeting)
  10. Perhaps we __________ New Delhi next month. (visit, will visit, visited)
Q2. Correct the following sentences:
  1. I lived in Thimphu since 1930.
  2. She died before her husband came.
  3. I have written a letter to her last Monday.
  4. I am reading Harry Potter for the last six days.
  5. The new hotel has been opened last Saturday.
  6. He had gone to Samtse last week.
  7. The train leave the station before I reached there.
  8. I wish my men had been coming quickly and find us.
  9. At the moment the baby sleep in the cradle.
  10. He goes out for ten minutes.